Enterprising Senior Leader with risk management, operations, finance and technology program experience. Track record of improving performance, managing change and implementing solutions. Emphasis on data-driven management and providing value by linking strategic goals to the business dependencies that will ensure success.
Position Level: Senior Manager, Director, Senior Individual Contributor
Focus Areas: Operations, Project Management, Operational Risk
Industries: Manufacturing, R&D, Technology, Sourcing, Service
Financial & Accounting
Producing financial & managerial reports, financial analysis, month-end closing, financial & bank audits, payroll, cash management, banking covenants, accruals, amortization, depreciation, A/P, A/R, collections, payroll tax, sales tax, projections, journal entries, merger & acquisitions, GAAP compliance & risk mitigation.
Managerial & Administration
Senior financial manager with a decentralized control style. Experience includes start up, acquisition, non-profit, software development, corporate initiatives and team building. Additional responsibilities have included Human Resource functions including job placements, new hire filings, terminations, employee insurance, government reporting (Dept. Labor Stats, Workers Comp), operations manual, employee handbook, training & procedures development.
A lifetime of experience with an extensive breadth of platforms & programs. Includes MacOS & Windows applications with an emphasis on Microsoft Access & Microsoft Excel (advanced functions, VB macros, solver analysis). Proficiency in troubleshooting hardware/software systems, complemented with programming experience (html, SQL, VB). Enterprise Software (MAS200, Visual Enterprise, QuickBooks).
Japanese Language (日本語)
Two years of study abroad in Japan with three years of formal education. Ability to read, write & converse in the Japanese language.
Accounting Manager (Nov 2007 – Current)
DCWV Acquisition Inc. – (Provo, UT)
· Financial reporting – Maintain accurate monthly financial reports & generate managerial reports in conjunction with reconciliations, analysis, accruals, amortization & depreciation schedules. Review journal entries, complete month end closing & performance analysis.
· Project management – Built sales analysis structure for commissions, system for researching and addressing sales penalties & built accrual structure for customer entitlements. Assisted in the implementation of GAAP procedures through the department.
· Risk assessment – Participated in multiple acquisitions with the establishment of internal controls for risk mitigation. Oversee quarterly bank and annual financial audits.
Finance/Administration Manager (Feb 2007 – Oct 2007)
The Vinyl Specialist – (Lindon, UT)
· Office Manager, Controller, A/P, A/R, taxes, employee administration & payroll.
· Built monthly commission, sales reporting & processing systems.
· Created systems for maintaining document security, tracking assets depreciation & various payment schedules. Administrated procurement of W.I.P. & J.I.T. inventories.
A/P, A/R Specialist (Feb 2005 – Feb 2007)
Larson Davis – (Provo, UT)
· Sustained all accounting functions during conversion to parent company operations structure.
· Worked under Vice President in all accounting duties including reconciliations, document control, purchasing, inventory accruals, employee related tax filings & expense reports.
· Worked with Sales, Shipping & Procurement departments to insure accuracy in an ISO 9000 environment.
Administration/Finance Manager (Oct 2003 – Feb 2005)
Rimrock Technologies – (Orem, UT)
· Office Manager, purchasing, bookkeeping, A/P, A/R, taxes, employee administration & payroll.
· Maintained high A/R collection rates.
· Created internal document processing systems, developed a culture for constant improvement & established segregation of responsibilities.
· Trained & managed Sales Support & Accounting teams.
Financial Officer (Sept 2012 – Current)
Canyon River Dental Group – (Provo, UT) – Created corporate growth strategy. Worked with management to turn a loss operation into a growing, profitable business. Established bank relationships for financing needs and business acquisition. Developed internal controls and procedures for risk mitigation and to properly state financial reports in compliance with GAAP principles.
Financial Manager (March 2011 – November 2012)
Trendography Prints – (Pleasant Grove, UT) – Established internal accounting system and procedures for all mandatory tax filings. Produced reports to track sales trends, margins and collections.
Non-Profit Business Advisor (September 2011 – October 2012)
Community Health Connect – Assess the accounting practices of a local non-profit organization and implement controls and procedures to increase efficiency and decrease costs.
Business Tutor (August 2009 – December 2010)
Utah Valley University – (Orem, UT) – Tutored students in senior level "Capstone" business simulation course & beginning Japanese.
Masters of Business Administration – Orem, UT
Utah Valley University (AACSB Accredited)
Bachelors of Science, Accounting (with a Minor in Music) – Orem, UT
Utah Valley University (Started at University of Washington)
Available Upon Request